From osTicket Wiki
osTicket relies on predefined templates when sending out auto responses, notices and alerts. Each template has a set of variable placeholder as shown below.
|Base Variables||Other Variables|
Please note that only known (supported) variables are substituted. Non-base variables depends on the context of template type to which they are used.
- New Ticket Auto Response: Autoresponse sent to user/client on new ticket if enabled. Meant to give the user the ticket ID which can be used to check the status of the ticket.
- New Message Auto Response: Confirmation sent to user when a new message is appended to an existing ticket. This can be emailed or web-based replies.
- Over Limit Notice: Ticket denied notice. This is a one time notice sent when the user has reached the max allowed open tickets defined in preference section. Reasonable limit helps control spam and possible email flood loops.
- Ticket Response/Reply: Message template used when responding to a ticket or simply alerting the user about a response/answer availability.
- New Ticket Alert: Alert sent to staff on new ticket.
- New Message Alert: Alert sent to staff when user replies to an existing ticket.
- New Internal Note Alert: Alert sent to selected staff ( if enabled) when an internal note is appended to a ticket.
- Assigned Ticket Alert: Alert sent to staff on ticket assignment.
- Overdue/Stale Alert: Alert sent to staff on stale or overdue ticket.